Healthcare Design magazine, in partnership with The Center for Health Design, announced the winners of the 2022 Nightingale Awards at the he Healthcare Design Conference + Expo in San Antonio.
The annual Nightingale Awards, which recognizes products related to the healthcare built environment, are named for Florence Nightingale, a tireless advocate for the improvement of care and conditions in military and civilian hospitals in the 1800s.
Products are judged for their contribution or solution for clinical or operational outcomes; aesthetics and innovation; built environment solution, durability, functionality, and quality; industry certifications and standards; environmental sustainability; and list price.
This year, 19 products received awards in 13 categories, with Zippsafe’s ZippSpace Pro named The Nightingale Best of Competition.
This year, 14 jurors reviewed the 47 products entered in this year’s Nightingale program. Jurors include Shannon Bambery, Senior Medical Planner, AECOM; Sandy Boyette, Principal, Levino Jones Medical Interiors; Ryan Daniels, Principal/Design, BSA LifeStructures; Diana Davis, Managing Director, Perkins & Will; Julie Dumser, Senior Manager, EY; Mary Frazier, Managing Principal, EwingCole; Miriam Ganesh, Director of Interior Design/Associate, RLF Architects; Andrea Hsu, Associate Principal, Ennead Architects; Kathryn Newcomb-DeSanto, President, Connected Healthcare Resource Advisors; Fernanda Pires, Director of Healthcare Planning, Ballinger; Aimee Platt, Associate Vice President, CannonDesign; Venicha Nicole Reese, Director of Planning Design & Construction, Intuitive Health; Kaycee Shiskowsky, Manager of Clinical Planning and Design, UCHealth; Anthony Treu, Healthcare Practice Leader, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.
Category winners for the 2022 Nightingale Awards are:
- Architectural Products: Clinical, Silver Award: Serenity Sliding Door Systems for The MedLift Slide
- Architectural Products: Non-Clinical, Gold Award, Safehinge Primera for Swiftstop: Anti-Barricade Doorset for Behavioral Health
- Flooring: Hard Surface, Gold Award, Mannington for Open Range Collection
- Flooring: Resilient, Silver Award, OneFlor USA for SetaGrip Technology
- Furniture Collections, Silver Award, Kimball International for EverySpace
- Furniture: Clinician Support, Gold Award, Vaask for Vaask
- Furniture: Clinician Support, Silver Award, Carolina, an OFS Company for Sorta
- Lighting, Gold Award, Visa Lighting for Harmony
- Seating: Guest/Lounge, Gold Award, OM Seating for Plot Twist
- Seating: Guest/Lounge, Silver Award, Steelcase, West Elm Health Collection
- Seating: Patient, Silver Award, Carolina, an OFS Company, Lasata Bariatric Recliner
- Storage & Accessories, Gold Award, Zippsafe for ZippSpace Pro
- Storage & Accessories, Silver Award, Midmark, Synthesis Wall-Hung Cabinetry
- Surfacing Materials & Finishes, Silver Award, Kwalu, Anti-Aging Furniture Surfaces
- Technology-Integrated Solutions, Gold Award, Ergotron, CareFit Combo System
- Carpet category, Mohawk Group, Fractal Fluency
- Carpet, category, Mohawk Group, Social Canvas
- Surfacing Materials & Finishes category, Kwalu, Anti-Aging Furniture Surfaces
Winners will be featured in the January/February 2023 issue of Healthcare Design.